Camellia Waldorf School seeks a kindergarten teacher to begin in August 2016. Founded in 1989, Camellia Waldorf School is an AWSNA-accredited school with more than 160 students from diverse backgrounds. Camellia recently relocated to property that the school purchased in Sacramento’s Pocket neighborhood, where we are experiencing an especially vibrant time in our development.
We offer parent-toddler classes, preschool and kindergarten programs, and an elementary and middle school. Our curriculum includes Spanish, music, Eurythmy, handwork, woodworking, and movement. As a school, we are committed to the fullest development of the curriculum, the health of the teachers, the continued study of anthroposophy, as well as a healthy, balanced budget.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Work in partnership with our early childhood faculty to sustain and nurture our exceptional multi-age Waldorf kindergarten experience
- Establish a healthy classroom rhythm
- Model reverence for self, all people, belongings, and activities in the classroom and school environment
- Direct and support effective ongoing communication with parents, faculty, and staff, including responding to parent questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Prepare and lead a minimum of four parent meetings during the school year, including an element of parent education at each gathering
- Introduce families to the principles of Waldorf education and educate parents about child development and the principles of Simplicity Parenting
- Encourage and support the use of Waldorf principles in our families’ home life
- Work closely with other teachers, staff, administration, and parents to assess and support the developmental needs of each child
- Attend weekly meetings of the early childhood faculty, full faculty, and other established committees to provide support to colleagues and school policy
- Maintain general order and aesthetics in the classroom and engage in ongoing daily preparation of the room, materials, and activities
- Oversee purchase of necessary items for class, including ordering snack supplies in bulk before school begins, purchasing crafting materials, etc.
- Support and participate in school festivals and other schoolwide curriculum offerings
- Provide support to our Social Inclusion program and engage in ongoing study of Simplicity Parenting and the work of Kim John Payne
- Work in collaboration with the Administrator and the Director of Admissions and Community Engagement to support the enrollment process, including participation in open house events, family interviews, and student assessments
- Maintain confidentiality in all student situations
- Help create and uphold kindergarten and school policies
- Assist with care and feeding of our rabbits and chickens, as well as the development of policies for their care
- Support the WECAN (Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America) membership process
- Engage in ongoing Waldorf training and educational opportunities, including self study
This is a full-time position with benefits available. Applicants must pass LiveScan checks and have a current TB test.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, including a brief personal biography, and a professional resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more like this: Employment Opportunities